Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, maybe you can help me with a disagreement I have with my roommate.

It's always been hard to get Dahlia to eat what and when she's supposed to. And today, finally fed up with sitting on the floor hand-feeding her, I decided to try a variation of silky balls to entice her to eat her food. So I defrosted some ground beef I had, cooked some brown rice, and mixed them both together with an egg and a pinch of garlic powder. She absolutely LOVED it. She devoured it and even ate some of her kibble I had mixed in. (We feed her Halo kibble)

Now my roommate is saying that her behavior is going to completely change because of the raw meat. I said that it's completely absurd.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Some people believe a dog gets more aggressive when they eat raw meat. It's a myth, and a really old one at that!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
The only behavior change in my dogs is that Reed finally enjoys eating, and both have good energy :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that link, boxmein! Thanks for the input, everyone. Dahlia actually LIKES eating now, and doesn't sit there and shake when she looks at her food. I made a bunch so I can heat it up when I need to. I think some day I'll go full raw food diet, but until I know more and am sure I can give her everything she needs nutrition-wise, I'll stick with relying on the kibble for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts