Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We gave Lulu the raw knuckle bone (bought a month ago and stuck in the freezer since) We let her have it a few hours as she was really enjoying herself but now she has cannon butt and can't quit pooping! Is this because she had it too long? (There was a bit of fat on it along with meat and I think she ate a bit of the marrow out of it too) She did throw up 12 hours after having the bone (Going on about 45 hrs since we gave it to her) She had a solid super hard as a rock poop right that was lighter in color and ever since she's had the exploding poops. (We just had a fecal done on her and it came back negative for anything too)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yup, too long!

Give her a week to settle down, then if you want to do bones, start with FIVE minutes with a frozen, trimmed (before it goes into the freezer cut off any fat you can, scoop out any soft marrow, give her a small amount with her meals of that stuff or toss) bone. Then remove and give her the same the next day, and then ten, and so on till her system is used to that level of fat and so on. The hard light coloured poop is normal, as is the runs, which should settle down soon.

Lana

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know! The hard poop didn't worry too much and I actually liked it because she expressed her anal glands doing it (We normally take her in for the groomers to do because she somehow has a hard time doing it herself) but the resulting mush after is what I feel bad about. I'll have to explain to my fiance again that he needs to not give it to her too long even if she is enjoying it. Thanks for the suggestion of scooping the marrow out too. I wouldn't of thought of doing that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts