Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have been thinking a lot about the past. I was putting some things away the other day and I dumped an envelope with some pictures in it. It added to the memories.

I especially miss my horses and riding. I would LOVE to get back into it but just can't right now. I don't think there is any greater feeling then riding a horse over a jump or running full out in a field. I miss that. I wouldn't want to show again, I just sort of grew out of that, I think but... I would love to do a bit of endurance riding again. Anyway, here are a few shots of the past from my envelope reminder.

These next ones were some of my friends puppies. I was so sad that there were no yellows in the litter. I had the perfect picture in my head and had to settle since she only had 8 Blacks and 2 Chocolates in the litter. They were pretty cute though.

This one I made into my new Avatar. It was taken at Dave's Falls and it was the best day. We had so much fun.

I thank God for happy memories. Sometimes it is painful to look back but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to miss all the fun times.

Post yours if you are interested in sharing.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, I had to add this one too.

This was my friends grandson and she couldn't get enough of the dogs. I think the look on her face was priceless... "Mama, when is it going to be enough?" LOL That was a great dog. Cute kid too but a little much. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
My winter formal dance, I was voted princess, was with my now ex boyfriend. I was just..happy. pure happy

My senior year photoshoot lol for the longest time my mom called this our "family portrait"

The day I adopted kenya! lol she was so odd looking!

The foster puppies their first day with me, they were so small!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had to add a few more memories. . .

Kitty meets puppy

The wasp stings... OUCH! Frankenstein doggy

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
easy kid, you are about to tear my eye out.

Ok, this is better. Nice little girl

Whoa! wait, the kid with the eye is better. Ugh!

Ugh! This one is hugging me so tight my eyes are popping out.

Actually this was a fun memory for me too. Carsten was 6 months ish and he went to a hospital children's center. The kids LOVED him, as you can see. It was really nice.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
The wasp stings... OUCH! Frankenstein doggy
Reminds me of the time my Rottie boy got into a Paper Wasp nest. He was just being nosy when he got stung, but that really made him PO'd and he started tearing at it. He got stung a whole lotta times until his head was the size of a very lumpy pumpkin. He took at least 10 stingers inside his mouth so we rushed him to the vet. When all was said and done, he seemed to have enjoyed the experience immensely.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I was just recently going through some albums from my early childhood and came across this one. It was the day we brought home my first dog. It was a loooong drive and I just passed out on the way home.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
My Guinea Pigs... : ( I miss them most of all... : (

The second day I brought Donatello home... I actually miss the first couple weeks... The newness of him being home, the fact we both slept on the sofa at night... It was nice.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
The day I brought Carter home... I had no clue about dogs, but he was sweet and seemed to understand everything I wanted. I remember picking him up at the shelter, taking a trip to Petco to buy a leash, food bowls, and dog food. I was soooo hot that day. Actually it was 2 years ago this month. wow... I've been a dog owner for 2 years now.

He would allow me to do anything to him. Poor guy. He HATED wearing this hat, but wore it better then I could have asked. It was so easy to take photos of him. He had "Stay" down so well. He was so smart. Perfect as you could have asked of a dog.

He use to be so scared of getting on the furniture. I finally had to pick him up and put him on the chair so he knew that it was ok. He LOVED that chair. He would sit in the chair all day long, like the king he was.

I remember this... It was really easy for me to get photos of us together because he would sit in a stay for however long I wanted him too. We had just taken another photo of us, when he rolled over and kissed me. He never licked, so for him to do that almost made me cry. God I miss that mutt...

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I had just bought the boys all new toys...over $100 worth...lol I kept them in a makeshift toy box (old cardboard box). When I left the room, Uallis raided the box, threw toys everywhere and then shredded the box...lol

My old boy Dan. I remember taking this picture. All 3 dogs were outside. Eddie and Uallis we're off playing and Dan was watching them, almost like he wished he could join in but just didn't have the energy. This was one of the last pictures I took of him. He passed away a few days later.

Eddie and his "obsessions"...lol See the old blanket in the picture. At the time, Eddie was crazy about this blanket...he would drag it everywhere with him. It was the weirdest thing.

My old dog Montana...he was the most gentle dog I've ever known in my life. He wanted nothing more than to sit at your side and be petted. He'd want you to do it for HOURS...lol He was a very peaceful dog. Very smart too...

I miss him...him and Dan both.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Bello on his 1st day home. estimated at 3 months old and weighed only 17lbs. He was being starved when we took him. Our vet said for his breed he should have been close to 27lbs at that point.

Not looking to healthy here either!

And here he is recently at 67lb musclular lbs. and will be 2 yrs old in august already! Wow time flyies!!!!!!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
My sweet girl Lizzy. She was my first dog when i was out on my own and she stole my heart and took a piece with her when she died.

Payton when he was a little puppy and I could actually hold him in my arms. It was love from the very begining

·
Registered
945 Posts
The many nights my SO would come home to find us asleep together on the couch

On the way home from picking up Max

Now I have two handsome boys that are my whole world

·
Registered
714 Posts
my first akita, maverick, but to all of my friends and me wolfie bear. the boy that started my love for the akita. hes was my best friend and he taught me so much. he had a muscle disease in his jaw area and couldnt open his mouth farther than 2 inches. then he ended up getting allergies and started going down hill. he died in my arms, he was trying to get down stairs to me, he was only 6.

he was shedding

he was so tolerant of me and my brothers

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
My sweet 3-legged boy, Buddy (looking very resigned and unhappy about his bath):

I need to find better pics of that boy...he really was a handsome and happy guy

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
My old man.. he was my life. I still get emotional thinking about him. How I miss that smell of horse..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts