Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone's interested, we're having a rally run-through ( this is a new weekly thing :)) at Stone Tables at White Rock Lake Park. AKC signs this week, APDT next week and UKC the week after that. :) - 7-9PM. PM me fo rdetails.

Cait

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
What day? :)

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Every other thursday. :p I *did* ask if you were working earlier. ;P
I know! The post wasn't clear what day though.

I'll always be working those hours :( Sad Sadie.

·
Registered
23 Posts
whats a Rally runthrough night?!?!? ill be in texas for school all summer in austin, more then likely i wouldnt drive 2 hours for what ever it is, but i was just wondering...

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Rally Obedience is a relatively new dog sport, a hybrid of sorts between Formal Obedience and Agility, where dog and handler must navigate a course. Each sign gives the team something to do, most of them obedience commands.

Runthoughs (someone correct me if I'm wrong) are set up like actual trials, but aren't a real competition. They are for training purposes, so the dog and handler see what it's like to be in the ring and can get in some practice.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In this case, it's not TOO terribly much like a trial (I am not hauling 400" of polymer fencing out and setting up 80 gazillion fenceposts for a 2 hour practice and all our trials locally are indoors.) However, it offers a novel environment with extra people and dogs around- it's a step up from the not-that-busy atmosphere of a class but still below the stress and activity level of a trial. Since we have so few matches locally, this is a good alternative, and if you've got a schedule that doesn't allow you to take classes but you can come check out the run-through intermitantly, I'm hoping to get folks who are interested but haven't had a chance to try it an intro to the sport. :)

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I'd come if you weren't so far away.. over 1,000 miles seems to be a little far for a runthrough :D

(we're starting our rally class on Sunday. Hoping to get into APDT Level 1 pretty quickly.. there's a trial here over the summer!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts