Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Hope someone can help-I'm doing some research about racing greyhounds and just wondered if there was any racing greyhound owners who could tell me what they look for when buying their racing greyhound dry dog food.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
569 Posts
AFAIK, there are not many racing industry people on this board. You'd probably do better to check a couple other places: www.greytalk.com (A lot of industry people there. But be aware that it is a PRIVATELY run board, and the mods do not like race talk. They prefer to discuss adopted Greyhounds. Read the TOS, and lurk a little before posting). And http://www.greybark.net/forums/ (much more racing-friendly, but not as active).

I believe most kennels feed a combination of raw and kibble. They usually do raw beef, combined with a high-protein kibble. They often add other things, too, like pasta, rice, and other carbs, raw veggies, and various supplements. Each trainer feeds their dogs a little differently, but protein = muscle = speed, so that is a big deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks sighthounds4me, think I will have a look on greybark!

Thank you for that info. I know protein is important in kibble just wondering what other ingredients are important.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm confused... are you doing research about getting a RETIRED racer, or getting a grey to actually race? Sighthounds4me is pretty spot on with the kennel diets, and my mother and I both feed high quality kibble to our retired racers as well as her lure coursing hounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am researching racing greyhounds feeding diets. I have found out that a lot of racers have kibble and something else and I am now trying to find out the important ingredients in kibble

1 - 7 of 7 Posts