Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday we took in two rabbits from a family member that could no longer care for them. They are both males, the bigger brown rabbit is a bit older than the smaller grey rabbit. They are both very sweet and seem to get along quite well even though they haven't lived together all that long. The cage they are in seems too small, especially for two of them. I am going to try and make a larger area for them so they have a 'front yard' to play around in. We unfortunately cannot keep them long term, we have a Border Collie that would harass them or potentially hurt them and we regularly take in foster dogs. They are safe in a spare bedroom with the door closed at all times, but I cannot take the chance of something happening to them.
I have been in touch with a local rabbit rescue and am waiting for them to get back to me. My husband thinks I am crazy for wanting to build a little enclosure for them since we are not keeping them, but if I can scrounge the material for free and make the little guys lives a bit better, it is worth it! Anyways, I wanted to give them some cute names but I am crap at coming up with names so I am open to all suggestions!! If you have any tips on rabbit care as well, I am all ears. I want to care for these guys the best I can while they are here.

IMG_6968.jpg

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I just came up with a list myself in anticipation of getting a bun in a few months! Here are the ones that made the cut:

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (with two buns, you can have Beaker, too!) - I am a big fan of the Muppets <3
C. Auguste DuBun (Big fan of Poe, too :D )
Obi-Bun Kenobi (currently one of my top two names)
Rabbit Downey Jr.
Bunedict Cumberbatch (Or Bunedict Cumberbun)
Ludwig von Bunthoven
Rabbit De Niro
Bun Affleck

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
you can name them anything doesn't have to be gender related. I have all boy goats and their names have nothing to do with gender they don't it's not a boy name lol ...One of my male rabbits is named sugar, the other I just couldn't come up with a name that felt right and just called him Mr. cause it stuck in my head.. so it must be what he wanted... Ask them what their names are for fun and see what pops into your head.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You HAVE to have a Thumper! That's the "Fido" or "Rover" of Bunny names. Of course you want to take good care of them while they're there. Since you already have the materials I hope you are having fun "nesting" and making a beautiful home for your foster bunnies.

I've never had a bunny. It's more funny than sad to me that being loved by a dog has opened my heart to so many other animals that can share their lives with us as pets, even though Laurel's prey drive might be too high and her small size may be too extreme for us ever to be able to safely add a bunny sister or brother to our shiny new "fur family of two".

That's okay. I've never had a horse either, accept the fact that I will never financially or physically be able to care for a horse, and I still looooooooooooooooove horsies and am lucky enough to at least see one IRL on the trail at some time every week if I want to. We have horse friends and horse acquaintances.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How about Benny for one of them?
Love it! That's even better than "Doug the dog", which "will" be Laurel's little brother's name even though Laurel was "supposed to be" named Fido.

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts