Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is the second day I've had my 11 week old white Labrador puppy! She seems to be pooping quite often, about six times a day and often it has a little bit of blood in it. On her medical card it says she was wormed a month ago, but is due another one then, so I'm not sure if it is anything to do with that. We have been feeding her a small handful three times a day and she eats quite slowly! I am quite worried that something might be up with her, we're taking her to the vet first thing Monday, but wanted to see what you guys thought?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
It could be any number of things from foreign object in the digestive tract, to parasites, to Parvo (usually bloody diarrhea and vomiting) to over eating. A few small handfuls of food does not sound like a lot for an 11 week old lab. I normally feed about 1+1/2 cups per day at that age. If the blood is either bright red or dark and tarry, or if there is vomiting and diarrhea, then you would need to see a vet sooner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the amount of food that it says to give on the packet, also what was recommended from the person we bought her from. There is only a little bit of blood, but other than that her poo is normal looking, we'll get her to see a vet.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
She is due for worming and for follow up shots. Also, I think blood in poop should be looked at. I suggest that you bring a fresh sample to the Vet tomorrow.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi I was wondering what you are feeding her? There could be something in it that her system just doesn't like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts