Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is scared of the clippers is there a brand of clippers out there that make very little sound????

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My dog is scared of the clippers is there a brand of clippers out there that make very little sound????
They all make a sound, tho some are louder than others. The vibration can freak dogs out at first. You will have to desensitize your dog to clippers. The Wahl Bravura is the quietest clipper I have used, and I am a groomer, used and demo'd tons of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They all make a sound, tho some are louder than others. The vibration can freak dogs out at first. You will have to desensitize your dog to clippers. The Wahl Bravura is the quietest clipper I have used, and I am a groomer, used and demo'd tons of them.
Thanks I will look at the price, I am trying to get into the grooming game, in my small town do you have any advice?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yea I have add training
I found word of mouth was the biggest thing in getting new clients in when I first opened my salon. Advertising helped some, but nothing like word of mouth. Groom friends and family dogs and have them spread the word. Do free grooms on local shelter dogs that need grooming, drop cards off at vets, trainers, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts