Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eris is 5 weeks soon to be 6 weeks.

i want to do puppy classes but refuse to do them thru spca, they said pits have to be muzzled, im not muzzling my pup she will be 8-10 weeks when she starts them. Shots then class. So im probably hiring a trainer to come to my home for private lessons.

also i want to do the cgc with her.

what is the american pitbull registry. i can register Eris should i?

she'll be getting spayed before first heat.

any other training?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Private lessons would be good, but I like the class environment and teaching socialization too! I did a search for dog training in my area on google and that's how I found my puppy classes that I took Lucy too. I also followed up with household obedience and now rally o with the same trainer. Maybe you should try doing a search? There was a pitbull type dog in our household class and the trainer didn't require the owner to muzzle her. I think there are lots of places who don't if you look around :)

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
There aren't ANY other dog clubs where you live? The class environment is sooo beneficial especially for a breed with a tendency to be dog-aggressive.

Where are you located? Maybe someone here knows of a good club not too far from you.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There aren't ANY other dog clubs where you live? The class environment is sooo beneficial especially for a breed with a tendency to be dog-aggressive.

Where are you located? Maybe someone here knows of a good club not too far from you.
not that im aware of. Im located in Auburn NY.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
After Googling I didn't find any Training Clubs. Maybe they just don't have a website :confused: I thought for sure there'd be SOMETHING near you.

However, they do have training classes at this Petco location:

1622 Clark Street Road
Auburn, NY 13021
315-253-0703
http://www.petco.com/Content/StoreEventsCalendar.aspx?storenum=2784

Not normally a fan of Pet Store training classes but for puppy training it should be fine. And the socialization is sooo important as you already know.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After Googling I didn't find any Training Clubs. Maybe they just don't have a website :confused: I thought for sure there'd be SOMETHING near you.

However, they do have training classes at this Petco location:

1622 Clark Street Road
Auburn, NY 13021
315-253-0703
http://www.petco.com/Content/StoreEventsCalendar.aspx?storenum=2784

Not normally a fan of Pet Store training classes but for puppy training it should be fine. And the socialization is sooo important as you already know.
i must be braindead today...i forgot about petco:eek: Thanks for reminding me...lol.

TOday for the first time Eris went to my front door and whined...she had to go potty. when i say potty outside she pees...getting her to do the other duty...can be a tad tricky. You can tell she had to go cause she looks like she is going to explode...lol. i do have new pics will upload and send to photobucket soon.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
No problem! Seems they have classes starting often so I'm sure you'll be able to find one for when Eris is about 8-10 weeks old.

Can't wait to see new pictures :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts