Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Hey guys I have a few questions that hopfully you guys can help me out with.
Tomorrow I am going to go look at some Westie Puppies that are only three weeks old, and out of these three week old Puppies I have to pick one and put a deposite down.Now there are Four males and two females I was thinking about going with a female. My family has owned a female westie before so I was thinking about going with a she. And there is only two of them so it makes it easier to choose.

The question is How should i determine what puppy is right for me when they are only three weeks old?

I am sure when I go there I will know right away what puppy is right for me, but this is going to be my first puppy that is going to be my sole responisbility.

And what sex do you think would be the best? Male or female? I will be getting the puppy neautured and spayed no matter what.

Thanks guys your help and wisdom is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
Let the puppy pick you. As far as gender goes, I wouldn't think it makes a ton of difference. Our neighbors have had 3 Westies, all females, and they are great little dogs.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Letting the puppy pick you isn't always the best option IMO. The first puppy who walks up to you may end up being the most dominant/assertive one in the bunch which you may or may not want to deal with. Now, if you've got a puppy that's been sitting in the corner all day long and hasn't wanted anything to do with anyone, then walks up to you, you may have to reconsider.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
A bit seems out of sorts. Your breeder should know the pup and you better than you know the pup and you know you. IMO, you're throwing darts, and IMO I'd want the breeder to throw the darts, and they'd likely do it when the pup is much older.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts