Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see which one is more popular. I love both dogs and I know many people who loves both too. Which one would you rather own?

I like Huskies because they are so cute like a teddy bear. But Shibu Inus are so smart and they look like a fox.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Ehhhh, I think Chows would look more like teddy bears.

But I own a Sibe and would rather own one than a Shiba. Nothing against Shiba, they're just not the dog for me.

But I would never select a dog based on looks. Yes, I like that about the Sibe, and initially it's what attracted me to them, but there's a lot more to the breed than their eyes.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
How tall is your fencing? Less than 6 feet- go with a Shiba Inu.

·
Super Moderator
7,365 Posts
How much research have you done into these breeds? Looks should play a part in selecting a breed, but they should not be the sole consideration, especially with two breeds like these, that are generally not recommended for inexperienced dog owners. You would be better off listing what you are looking for in terms of personality, shedding, and exercise requirements, and we can then help you to select a breed that fits both your needs and your preferences for appearance.

·
Registered
608 Posts
In my experience, shibas are cute, but def. Not the dog for me! All of the ones I've met haven't gotten along with other dogs, are aloof, and nippy. None of those things are traits I look for in a breed.

So, out of those two I'd chose a husky, but I don't think that would be a good fit for me either. I'm an hour walk a day kind of owner and all of the huskies that I've met need a lot more.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a Shiba but love huskies just as well.
I have a preference for and like all the Spitz breeds.
My shiba loves meeting people and other dogs. Early and frequent socialization is key with the breed.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
They're both beautiful dogs with very strong personalities. I couldn't own either of them, but I can appreciate them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts