Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have only had my dog going on 3 weeks now, and I feel I need to mention this to see if it is normal- My pom is very sweet and around 2 years old, and very affectionate. But overly affectionate sometimes. I thought maybe it was because he was taken such bad care of by his previous owners, and he was happy to be out of a pen outside.

This is what he does: He just jumps on you the minute you sit on the couch and pushes your hand to pet him. It was sweet and still is, but If I'm not in the mood, I have to keep saying no and stop then he rolls over on his back next to me-lol
I'm just wondering, is it normal for some dogs to be overly affectionate like this?
Should I let him do it, or correct him? I mean, I love him and don't mind petting him and hugging him, but at the same time I don't want him to be "the boss" of it.
Please give me your advice on what I should do...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Alot of dogs are that way, and try to force attention out of you. I would look at the NILIF thread in the training forum. That could help with the pushiness when it comes to him wanting attention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts