Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok not a first time dog owner but never had a pup from 8 weeks on. last dog i got her full time by 6months
Well Nyx at times gets hiccups and she could be playing or just laying down and will get them, haven't noticed if she gets them after eating or not but doesn't seem like it. But was wondering if i should be worried about it. They never last long either maybe a min at most.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
heh...cute aren't they?
Caeda had hiccups when she was tiny, though sometimes they lasted up to 5 mins. I asked and read up on it a bit. Not a worry, if I recall it can have something to do with growth. Common puppy thing. I did read that if they don't stop much that its something to worry about. Regular ones that don't last too long, not a big deal.
Enjoy the cuteness while it lasts, she'll grow out of it :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thankx i was kind of worried that there might be something wrong.. but its so cute watching her get them more so when she trying to carry a toy n gets the hiccups.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i have been ignoring the hiccups now. but still find them cute now that i know its happens a lot, just like cats drooling.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hiccups are the cutest!
If Koda's last more then 5 minuets I normally scare him...or say "cheese!"

lol, I do this too, only I don't scare them, I just get super excited and get them playing. Most times the hiccups go away. Leann still gets them every once in a while. I think they bother me more than the dog. Hiccups drive me nuts.

Same with bonseygirl, I see this often with lab puppies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts