Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Of course if you are willing to pay for the time, I would be more than happy to help get your dog acclimated to me and the grooming.

I would have you come in first thing in the morning, or at the end of the day, and block out an hour for Poca-playtime. Make some calls and see who has the time and patience to work with her. Not every groomer will be willing to do it. But I know there must be some.

She reminds me so much of my Jiggy (see sig, when jiggy isn't shaved...and their ears are different)

I wonder why it seems most dogs that look like ours are kind of skittish with these types of things? Jiggs is a wreck when she needs a vet visit. And every dog I groom that looks like Poca and Jiggs are always a "go slow" type of dog....

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Aww, poor Poca.

I do hope it works out for you and that Poca can someday really enjoy to be groomed. Some dogs just never like it - but learn to tolerate it. Others actually can get into it and realize it can feel good....(massage in the bath....the blow dryer also can feel like a massage if they relax, I've had a co worker use it on my back before - it feels great!)

I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts