Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many do you guys see?
Some one told me they have their pap groomed at the groomer and that I should too.
Is there anything else a groomer does that I don't? Paps are supposed to be a "wash and go" breed, and mine aren't matted or anything. I wash, brush/blow-dry and they seem well groomed to me.
I know taking a dog to the groomer is a personal choice, but is there anything specific you do to them?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Its really all personal preference on a breed such as a pap. Groomers for sure will clean out the hair in the pads, and the hairs on top of the toes (as would be done for show) to keep it tidy there, less tracking in leaves, etc. and less slipping on tile floors. Sometimes the hair gets excessive in the rear end, and poo gets in there when pottying, so that can be trimmed around the anus. Of course, bath, nails and ear cleaning and a good brush/shed out. If you are doing all that at home, then there really isn't a need per say..I know as a groomer, I can't stand hair all over the feet of any dog..drives me nuts and I don't know how owners can stand that...but I guess if thats what you are used to seeing its fine. lol Just drives me nuts. ;)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, yeah I've tried to trim their feet but they're a little too wiggly for me to do it. Plus I don't exactly have the right equipment to do it.
So trimming their paw areas would be a plus.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hello!!

I do Willie myself....he only went to a groomer once, and never again....they clipped his ears after I said NOOOOOO........Grrrrr

I do his pads, butt, and privates......in the winter about twice a week and summer, once a week.......I love his fur after a bath......He has no problems with his skin.....I use Cain & Able or Earthbath....I just bought the Earthbath and used it once.....I like it!!

Good Luck!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts