Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I don't actually have my puppy yet but I would like to ask this ahead of time...
Should I only use one crate or can I use two. I would like to keep one in the bedroom for sleeping and one in the porch for when I go out. I don't really want to have to keep moving it.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hi, I don't actually have my puppy yet but I would like to ask this ahead of time...
Should I only use one crate or can I use two. I would like to keep one in the bedroom for sleeping and one in the porch for when I go out. I don't really want to have to keep moving it.
I have three crates. :) Great idea! I use them in the bedroom, LR, and SUV.

I also have 2 carry crates.

·
Registered
11,340 Posts
Nothing wrong with two crates, very useful for 2 story houses and such. But why have a crate on the porch for when you are gone? Half the point of crating is to keep the dog safe indoors when unattended, which the crate in the bedroom would take care of just fine.

If your porch is not well secured (locked to both humans and animals) and well shaded and vented (for summer) or wind protected/warm (in winter) than I'd suggest the second crate be in the living room or another part of the main house.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing wrong with two crates, very useful for 2 story houses and such. But why have a crate on the porch for when you are gone? Half the point of crating is to keep the dog safe indoors when unattended, which the crate in the bedroom would take care of just fine.

If your porch is not well secured (locked to both humans and animals) and well shaded and vented (for summer) or wind protected/warm (in winter) than I'd suggest the second crate be in the living room or another part of the main house.
My porch is totally closed in and insulated. It's more like an entrance way than a porch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts