Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your pups still too young to really hold it, and will still have a lot of accidents until 4 months. What I practiced with my dog was to ALWAYS keep an eye on her when she wasn't in her kennel, and would routinely take her out every two hours to do her business, and then after doing her business she would be allowed to walk around the house with my constant supervision. You should be able to tell when your dog has to go with enough practice, and then rush them outside "have your keys/shoes in an easy to reach spot to literally sprint outside to go and then immediate praise". I also found that having the same spot to go to for "going potty" worked well in helping her feel comfortable, and knows that when we go there, its for business not pleasure. As long as you remember that your dog can't hold it and if your dog goes inside the house, its because you didn't spot it to correct it, you can let them out with you. Like doxiemommy said, 100% eye contact at all times, because itll be that 30 seconds you dont watch that they'll have an accident and you lose the opportunity to train and correct the habit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.