Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started my 6 month puppy on chicken and rice from canidae. Been on it for 4 days. But I wasn't aware of all the complaints, that people made about the food making their pets sick. should I stick with this food?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I used to feed Canidae but I stopped when they changed their formula. I personally didn't stay with it because I heard so many people whose dogs had a bad reaction to it. My feeling is that if your dog is doing fine on it, it's a fine food. It's not a bad food. It all depends on how the dog does on it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Canidae did not change their food for the better no matter what they claim on their web site. I'm not saying it's a bad food now but it's not as good as it once was. The change in the formula was purely a financial decision. I tried to slowly transition my dog over a 3 month period to the new formula but he never got passed the bright yellow "soft serve" poop. I changed to Innova Evo and never looked back. I'm sure Canidae works out fine for some dogs. It just didn't work out for mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts