Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 6-year-old goldendoodle named George. A few months ago, we noticed that George had a few black spots on his belly in his groin region. We took him to the vet and she said she thought they were related to allergies and gave him a 10-day antibiotic regimen. He finished this antibiotic regimen about a month ago and it seemed like it was starting to clear up.

However, he just got a trimming and they shaved his belly, and we realized that now it looks even worse than before. He's got more spots now, they're larger, and there are now a few in his armpits as well.

We've made a vet appointment for next week, but I'd love to get some other opinions or hear from people who have seen the same issues. Does anyone have any thoughts/advice/information on this?

IMG_4092.jpg
IMG_4093.jpg
IMG_4091.jpg

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are many spots (pictures 1 and 2 are close-ups of the spots all over his belly in picture 3), we live in a city and he gets Advantix so they're definitely not ticks. They look crusty but nothing comes off when I scrape them lightly with my fingernail; no flakes or anything. They're fairly smooth but definitely elevated.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Baby dog used to get those, for her it was allergies, Antibiotics are just to clear it up as the crusties are secondary, they don't keep it from coming back, you need to figure out what's causing it in the first place to keep them away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 6-year-old goldendoodle named George. A few months ago, we noticed that George had a few black spots on his belly in his groin region. We took him to the vet and she said she thought they were related to allergies and gave him a 10-day antibiotic regimen. He finished this antibiotic regimen about a month ago and it seemed like it was starting to clear up.

However, he just got a trimming and they shaved his belly, and we realized that now it looks even worse than before. He's got more spots now, they're larger, and there are now a few in his armpits as well.

We've made a vet appointment for next week, but I'd love to get some other opinions or hear from people who have seen the same issues. Does anyone have any thoughts/advice/information on this?

View attachment 52458
View attachment 52466
View attachment 52474

Thanks!
So do you know if they went away because my dog has the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts