Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We recently brought home this pretty girl and she is an 11-week-old AKC registered Siberian Husky. The breeder we got her from breeds both huskies and malamutes and has several reviews claiming that “purebred” huskies bought from the breeder were DNA tested to be part malamute. My mom is convinced that our new pup is also part malamute. I will admit she does hold her tail like a malamute and something about her face mask does resemble a malamute as well as her ears, but I am not sure. We don’t care if she is or not but are curious to what others might think. ?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
She's cute, whatever she is. :)

If you really are concerned, I'd say contact the AKC, and tell them that your concern. They will require the breeder to do DNA testing on all the puppies to determine parentage. https://www.apps.akc.org/apps/contact/index.cfm If this person has a history of registering cross bred pups as purebreds, then they need to be reported.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
What do the parents look like? Around here most huskies have curled tails to the point that show dogs look wrong to me. Fluffy coats can turn up in any litter and a dog that's not from show quality lines will have 'incorrect' ears and mask.

She's pretty and going to be a great pet but I'd be upset if I was sold a pup that wasn't as advertised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts