Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this is the right place to put this thread,but our family is debating between two wonderful looking german shepherds right now. One of which we may believe is mixed with something. We showed a family friend this guy, and she thinks he is a GSD/Lab mix. I just think he a bi color german shepherd. What do you all think?

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Im not sure if this is the right place to put this thread,but our family is debating between two wonderful looking german shepherds right now. One of which we may believe is mixed with something. We showed a family friend this guy, and she thinks he is a GSD/Lab mix. I just think he a bi color german shepherd. What do you all think?

He could be a purebred, Why do you care. I would be more worried about his temperament(how does he act around you)Some weight clean up his coat a bit and he will be a very good looking dog. It's what's inside the dog that is also important if he's going to be a member of your family.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dont worry, we talked to the shelter today, and seems like he would be a good fit for us, and we will be meeting with him soon. Good with medium-large dogs, good with people and children, well mannered, etc.We were just curious on what you guys thought.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Oh dont worry, we talked to the shelter today, and seems like he would be a good fit for us, and we will be meeting with him soon. Good with medium-large dogs, good with people and children, well mannered, etc.We were just curious on what you guys thought.
Well if you think about it, picking a dog is a personal thing. It's got to be something you like.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
His face seems a little broad, but there is a lot of variety in german shepherds and the way they look. Could be a purebred, could possibly have a tiny bit of something else.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
He is cute! I agree with melgrj7 that his face is broad. I think he could have a little of something else in him... I'm no expert though, jmo.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Looks like a bicolor GSD to me, just needs maybe a bit of weight put on him/her and a good quality food to help out the coat.

What a beautiful dog!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all so much for the replies. We just have to set up a meeting with him, and have him check out our house. But there is still one other dog also in the picture, and there could be more, seeing as this rescue gets dogs quite frequently. But I feel this guy was almost meant for us now. We wanted him but he ended up getting adopted. But has been returned to the rescue because the owners other dog, and this guy didnt get along. But it wasnt this dogs fault, he loves other dogs. I will let you all know what happens.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
That's a GSD through and through ;-) Big heads come with the German dogs...even some BYB dogs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha ok thanks. We are in the process of making a meeting with this guy. Hopefully all goes well and he will be ours in no time! I will also be taking pictures of him.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
My head may get bigger, but somedays I wonder myself if there's anything to fill all the space....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts