Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I got 2 American akita pups coming too my home on 8th Sep they coming from different parents but they will be 7 weeks old and other 6 weeks 5 days both owners have said because there be together them be fine too love there mum's early? I thought it was 8 weeks kind regards james

·
Registered
549 Posts
Say no to both and find a responsible breeder who will leave the dog with their parents until 8 weeks and will discourage you adopting two puppies at once (which is a very bad idea). Isn't it illegal to sell puppies under 8 weeks anyway?

·
Registered
180 Posts
At the least, tell that breeder you don't want them until they are eight weeks old and, you want them with thier mother at least that long but, better to find a dog elsewhere. Odds are that isn't the best breeder and, not the best dogs. Might be problems later that you don't want.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
A good, reputable breeder would make sure the pups stay with their litter until they are at least 8 weeks old, and they would discourage you from getting two puppies at the same time. Look up Littermate Syndrome, which can happen even if the pups aren't from the same litter. I would back out and find a better breeder, because an Akita is not a breed I would take any chances with!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts