Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I let little Bikhi out in the morning after she has been in her crate for 6 hours her stool is firm like it is supposed to be. The rest of the day they are anywhere from a pudding texture to 1 last night that was foamy. She eats VF puppy formula, 1/2 cup 3 times a day.

She is a 9 pound cocker. During the day she will go every 3 hours, but can go 7 hours at night in her crate with no problem. She has been checked for worms and after treatment 2 weeks ago for a tapeworm acquired at the breeders she is worm free.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
She eats VF puppy formula, 1/2 cup 3 times a day.

She is a 9 pound cocker.
Are you feeding her the recommended amount? That sounds like a lot of food for a dog her size. I could be wrong... My 65 lb dogs eats 2 cups a day each. And feeding too much can cause loose and frequent stools.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I'm feeding her a tad less than the recommended amount. She gets no other food or treats and I use her food when I am training her. I'll drop the amount some and see what that does. BTW, she is 5 months old. I don't want to drop it too much because she's a growing puppy.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
If she's been checked by the vet, then I might start giving her a little bit of canned 100% pumpkin (not pie filling). I'd start with a couple of teaspoons with her morning meal and see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a can of pumpkin, not the pie filling, but I haven't tried her on that yet.
what puzzles me is the fact that her morning stool is just the way it should be. Weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts