Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when I fed my 7 month old puppy she didn't eat but I didn't think anything of it. She ate a late lunch so I figured she would eat the next morning. She didn't eat in the morning and expected her bowl to be empty by the time I got home from school. Low and behold it was still just sitting there. At this point her stomach is growling violently and I can hear it from anywhere in the house. I threw out her old food and put new food in but that didn't do anything. I even tried hand feeding her but still nothing. I couldn't stand to her her stomach go on like that any longer and she looked miserable. I know I shouldn't have but I took a handful of food and put it in her mouth until she finished it all. After words she licked the soft food off my hands. Her stomached stopped but I know she's still hungry. She went more than 24 hours without eating and she's only a puppy. What should I do? I just want her to eat.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
for most dogs, not eating for a full day IF they normally eat regularly (as in, they aren't overly picky dogs or a dog that is brand new to the home etc) is worth a vet visit. Bloat or impaction would be my immediate concerns with a gurgling stomach and no desire to eat. Like, a time sensitive vet visit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is she interested in eating other food? I suggest offering her something that'll be easy on her stomach, such as rice, boiled chicken, or pumpkin.

If she's still not eating any food, she may be sick and I'd suggest taking her to the vet.

·
Administrator
4,800 Posts
Hey guys,

I have moved this thread to a more suitable section of the forum.
The tech support section is meant for site issues.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Richard.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dogs don't stop eating just for the heck of it, especially a 7 month old. Since it's been over 24 hours, she needs to go to the vet. At her age she could have very well ingested some sort of foreign object which could cause serious problems if not treated quickly.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
If a dog is normally enthusiastic about food and suddenly stops being so, that's an immediate vet visit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts