Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a mutt puppy from a lady who had nowhere to take them and couldn't care for them. He's about 11-12 weeks now. Even my vet asked me what type he was because she had never seen such an odd mix of features. He's got weird curly hair on big oddly set ears, but an otherwise short coat. He's quite muscular for a puppy his age. He is not large at probably 13 lbs or so, but his feet aren't small. He sort of stands with his elbows bowed out like a bully type dog... And his feet aren't "tight" but rather they have a spread to them. His tail curls slightly over his back.

I have an Embark DNA test coming back soon... But just wonder what everyone thinks just for fun. People have given me all sorts of different mixes. I have no clue myself except I suspect some spaniel due to his ears.

0724191548a.jpg 0724191548b.jpg View attachment 246718 0724192031b~2.jpg 0724192024.jpg 0724192026.jpg

·
Registered
963 Posts
How cute! If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say part Lab.

The spread out feet could be due to a combination of poor nutrition, living on a hard surface, and his nails being too long. Start working on the nails, give him plenty of opportunities to walk on soft and/or giving surfaces, and feed a decent food, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them tighten up some.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
embk.me/malone3

His Embark came back today... His health results came yesterday so I knew it would be soon. Turns out he's a total mutt. Pit bull, Lab, Australian Shepherd, Cocker Spaniel, etc.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well, I was right about there being some Lab in there, and the Aussie, Cocker, and Eskie help explain the ear floofs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I was right about there being some Lab in there, and the Aussie, Cocker, and Eskie help explain the ear floofs.
Lol... Ear floofs. That is indeed what they are. They look so odd since his coat is actually otherwise very short and flat. I wonder if the brown color comes from the pit bull, the cocker, or the lab. I honestly don't see a lot of solid brown dogs.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Could be any of those, or even the Aussie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a mutt puppy from a lady who had nowhere to take them and couldn't care for them. He's about 11-12 weeks now. Even my vet asked me what type he was because she had never seen such an odd mix of features. He's got weird curly hair on big oddly set ears, but an otherwise short coat. He's quite muscular for a puppy his age. He is not large at probably 13 lbs or so, but his feet aren't small. He sort of stands with his elbows bowed out like a bully type dog... And his feet aren't "tight" but rather they have a spread to them. His tail curls slightly over his back.

I have an Embark DNA test coming back soon... But just wonder what everyone thinks just for fun. People have given me all sorts of different mixes. I have no clue myself except I suspect some spaniel due to his ears. He's a rich brown color with a tiny bit of white on his toes and chest.
I have no idea what kind of dog this is. He's certainly a mix. The coat reminds me of a lab. The ears remind me of a pitbull.... I'm going to say that these two breeds are certainly contributors. Whatever else he is, I'm not sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts