Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

We have 9 month old malshi named Maya. We are currently administering worming tablets. I have weighed her and she is approximately 5kg. On the box it tells me she should get 3 tablets. My question is, how should they be administered? Is it once a day, all 3 at once or a few hours between? The box instructions are not very clear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am a total novice dog owner.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Julie I probably didn't make my post clear. She doesn't have worms. We are just giving her her regular worming treatment. The drug is called Johnson's one dose easy wormer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The actual medication in the dose, as in pyrantel or fenbendizole, etc. Some are given in one dose, some.over days, and some repeated. I don't deworm unless they have them, so as to not to cause resistance. Except for heartworm prevention.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
If it is a dose by weight chart that simply says "give X tablets for Y weight" then it's most likely you give them all at once. If it needs to be given over a period of days, it should specify.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts