Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a puppy about a week ago and have been taking care of her since. I'm not a pet person really so I know nothing about dogs but I'm guessing she's around 12 to 14 weeks old. She appears to be a mixed breed of Sharpei and Pit. Today I noticed a very large mass on the front of her neck, off to the right. It is quite noticable but I do not recall seeing it before today. It feels like a "ball" under her skin. At times I've also noticed a weird, heavy sound when she is breathing, though I have no idea if this is due to the lump. Financially, I'm unable to take her to the Vet. right now but I'm REALLY concerned. I'd appreciate hearing any thoughts or suggestions. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Contact your local shelter and see if they have a vet on staff that can see your puppy. I know times are tough right now but, you really need to take this puppy to a vet. Also check out the stickies in this section of the forum there are some links for financial aid for vet care. Good luck and let us know how the puppy is doing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
sounds like a tumor. if she is having trouble breathing maybe the tumor is blocking her airway. i would ask the local humane society what to do. see if they can give you the name of a vet that will take payments. or give her to the humane society.

·
Super Moderator
11,840 Posts
Found a puppy about a week ago and have been taking care of her since.

I know you're trying to do the right thing but part of what it means to take care of a dog is to provide necessary veterinary care as needed. If you are unable to do that, the responsible thing would be to find an organization who can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.