Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought home our 8wk old Lab puppy Solomon yesterday! And so far thing are going great! We went on our first family walk this evening, and to my surprise, Solomon does VERY well on the leash! He just trotted along beside us like he had been doing it for years! Lol! It was too cute to see him walk as close as he could get to our 3yr old son. Anyway, this brings me to my question. At 8wks old, how long should our walks be? We walked for about 30min tonight, and he did very well. He did stop a couple of times, and sat down, but I believe he was just waiting on my son to catch up. Lol. I take him our every 30 to 45 min during the day to potty, but will only be able to actually walk him in the evening when my husband is home from work, so I want to make sure he is getting the proper amount of walking time. Thanks in advance, and I am sure I will have a thousand more questions along the way!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congrats on Solomon! He's so cute! ><
I think half an hour of actual walking is really good for now, it sounds like plenty for the little cutie as long as he gets lots of play time during the day too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts