Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our puppy has sounded like she wants to cough something up. Noticed the noise this afternoon but did not know what it was. It was kind of brief. Then she has been doing it a couple times tonight. She did throw up once but ate it back (yuck). Was at the vet yesterday to get her stiches out. I don't think it is kennel cough - she has had her shots. Any ideas? Right now she is laying on me and is fine. She also likes to find things (non-edible) around the house to eat. hmm

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Could be a lot of things. You need to see the vet. Even if she was vaccinated against bordetella (kennel cough) doesn't mean that she can't contract it. The vaccine only covers certain strains and like the flu in humans there are many strains. She is also a small breed dog so it could be this which is very common.
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1527
Do you walk on a collar or a harness? Hope this helps. Let us know what the vet says and how she is doing.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well so far today she seems fine. I just got home but noone else in our house says they have heard her today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts