Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and thought I would give this a shot to find some tips and help with my new addition. I have an 11 week old American Eskimo Spitz puppy that has a fixation with grabbing. He bites when he plays and we have done the loud noise when he bites too hard and try to leave the room, but as we try to leave he chases after us and bites on our pants and tugs as hard as he can and growls. We've tried to tell him no and use loud noises and 'time outs' but he still keeps doing it. I'd like to try to root out the bad behavior before it gets to be too late, especially the growling. But he seems desensitized by the loud noises and even saying no he just kind of looks at us then chases and nips our heels. He also chews on his leash when we walk him and makes a point to grab anything he can get his mouth around to chomp on. Are there any other methods that might stop this behavior before it gets worse?

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

Ashley

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Take a look at the sticky at the top of this forum called The Bite Stops Here which has many good suggestions on how to stop the play biting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts