Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sasha is a large breed mix, 11 weeks old. Her latest trick is to dump her water dish on the floor and toss her stainless steel dishes when they are empty. Is this a phase? Any suggestions? I don't enjoy walking in water, but at least the floor is always clean.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Sasha is a large breed mix, 11 weeks old. Her latest trick is to dump her water dish on the floor and toss her stainless steel dishes when they are empty. Is this a phase? Any suggestions? I don't enjoy walking in water, but at least the floor is always clean.

Please do not tell anyone I showed you this picture. I have everyone thinking that the bowls never move because of 'magic'. LOL! :)

(this is not the wimpy velcro either - it is 3M brand and holds TIGHT)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ROFL! That is awesome. I don't have any velcro around here right now. I wonder if duct tape would work? ;-)

·
Banned
241 Posts
ROFL! That is awesome. I don't have any velcro around here right now. I wonder if duct tape would work? ;-)
Home Depot or Lowes - Find it near fasteners and stuff... This really does work well.

Even now at full grown - My girls can put a foot on the edge of the bowl and it is NOT dumping... :)

·
Banned
241 Posts
Bowl tossing is not a problem I've ever had but if it was, the velcro is a FANTASTIC idea.
There is some serious entertainment to be had here as well... (with the metal bowls only)

When the water bowl gets 'almost' empty - Ask the son to pull it up and wash it while you hide around the corner with the camera. :)becky:)

Kid will get SPRAYED when the velcro gives and turns loose. (I tried this on MYSELF before doing it to any kids... It is safe - But messy LOL!) :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alpha, a bowl holder thingy is good for cats, but I don't think it will stop a large puppy.

·
Super Moderator
11,513 Posts
Esther was a 60-pound puppy when we got her and she loved dumping water and food dishes. She didn't care if they were full. We had to get a couple very heavy crockery dishes that she couldn't get a good grip on.

I'm happy to report that she outgrew that in a few months and we went back to stainless.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Schmoo didn't outgrow it. I wish I'd known about the velcro trick.

Schmoo one time carried a water dish into the living room. This was a little different than his usual game of throwing the dishes around so I figured he was making it clear to me I needed to fill it. I go over and bend down to pick up the dish. As I'm bend down, he grabs it just before I can and bops me on the head with it. LOL.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sasha has progressed from tossing food dishes to "moving furniture". I heard banging in the ensuite bathroom that is her puppy pen and, on investigating, discovered that she'd moved her puppy pad, toy box, bed and kennel all to completely different spots in the room. I'm going to need to keep this girl from getting bored.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Sasha has progressed from tossing food dishes to "moving furniture". I heard banging in the ensuite bathroom that is her puppy pen and, on investigating, discovered that she'd moved her puppy pad, toy box, bed and kennel all to completely different spots in the room. I'm going to need to keep this girl from getting bored.
Would it be possible to let Sasha hang out with you more?

My girls are a lot more relaxed if they get to follow me around and stay relatively close. Mine also tend to act more calm inside if they got to stretch their legs and run some. A tired dog is a happy dog! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sasha's "home reno kick" started when winter arrived a few days ago. Our weather has turned from very mild to nasty cold (-25C or -13F... and colder) suddenly so we've had to resort to playing indoors. We've been tossing a toy down the hallway and climbing the stairs but I'm guessing its just not as stimulating to her as going for a walk around the neighbourhood.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hubby says I may not attach velcro to the floor. (Our vinyl is poor quality and might tear.) Any other ideas? Is there a dog bowl too heavy to carry?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I am only wondering about a cast iron dog bowl? I wonder if they are heavy enough?

I wonder if these bowls are coated heavy iron ....... www.Alibaba.com/

I searched cast iron dog bowls. I imagine somebody might sell such a thing at a pet supply store?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Coco doesn't tip her bowl, she puts her paw into the water bowl and scoops the water out onto the floor. She repeats this several times. Then she puts both front paws into the water bowl and wiggles them around, making the water splash about onto walls, floor, etc. She gets fed and watered out of a neater feeder, so some of the mess is contained, but hardly all of it. Haven't found a solution for this yet. Thankfully, my tile dries quickly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts