Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- We were due to collect a Labradoodle puppy tomorrow, and I've just had call from the Breeder that the vet has noticed a problem with one of his teeth. There is a gap in his jaw and one of the teeth is twisted and growing up into it. She has never seen this before. We are waiting for a call back from the vet to discuss directly with him and he is booked in for an operation on Monday, but I just wondered if anyone on here had a dog that had this issue and if it caused any problems later down the line. I've added a picture from the breeder.
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Not the best picture, but it looks like it might be a birth defect called a hare lip?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah not the best picture. It's just what the breeder sent. I don't know much about that condition. Do you know if it causes them any long term issues. Just worried as it wouldn't be covered by insurance due to being an existing condition

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Yeah, anything related to it wouldn't be covered, for sure.

I'm not really familiar with hare lip, either. I think it might have a connection to cleft palate? Honestly, if it were me, I would have second, third, and fourth thoughts about taking this puppy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.