Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Miller has been on Raw for roughly a week. Ever since he started chewing those RMB's his baby teeth have been falling out left right and center.

How old are pups when they normally lose their baby teeth?
Do they normally lose them close together like he has been over awhile?

I'm worried he is losing too many too fast.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Thats a good question, and it is still fresh in my mind, when my pups lost their teeth, it was never more then one here and one there, and my wife would find some teeth on the carpet, on the sofa. I would take a look at the gingiva, and see if you can see the replacement adult teeth coming in, if so then that is a good sign. That means they are being vacated buy the new teeth. BTW, my wife could not throw them away, she puts them in a med-container! lol

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I cant remember either,it depends on the dog too but by 8 months they should have almost all thier adult teeth i think.

BTW,wheres max?and new photos?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
In most of the spots I can see new teeth coming in. This is good :)
I just don't want him to lose them too fast. He is approx 5.5 months old. Just to let you know, I have Millers teeth in my china cabinet right now too. He is one of my kids and I save my kids teeth too.

Oh my...Max:(

I have young children and I HAD too young pups. We totally took on more than we could chew. Max has a wonderfull forever home. I get updates now and then from his new momma. It was ALOT of work tryying to train them both at the same time. I hated having to rehome him but it is just something we had to do. Miller has calmed down alot and is really learning fast now too. I think it was a good choice.

*Uploading new pics now*

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I understand completly,you made the right choice for your family.
2 pups and young kids=madness and extremly hard work,its good you get updates.

Look forward to millers pics. :)

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
i am pretty sure that iorek lost all of his baby teeth in less than a month. he was around 5 1/2 months when he started losing them too. iorek is a sammy and my best friend has his brother so when they were wrestling it looked like a crime scene!! 2 white puppies with blood speckled everywhere! we could always tell who lost another tooth, depending on who was covered in blood :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
My dog was teething until she was 7-8 months. And it came by the little ones then the canine one's came out. I think the most i saw her lost was the whole bottom teeth excluding the canine ones. But it grew back pretty fast. I never saw the teeth's because she would swallow all of them. -_____-" i wanted to keep at least one for a sovenir.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From hearing you guys it seems fairly normal then. Those RMB just helped the process. He looks silly right now. Both bottom canines are pointed to the side and VERY wiggley. The others are pokin up beside...hehehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts