Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning :)

I have a question regarding my 10 month old Sheppard mix. We bring her to the groomers and ALMOST everyday we fill up her pool to have some pool time and boy, after she dries off and we go to bed and smells like a WET dog :p
I have a spray my groomer gave me that smells like baby powder but it doesnt work..

Could anyone have any suggessions for me?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Shepherd mix makes me think the fur is thick with a lot of undercoat. Is it getting dry to the skin every night? Maybe get her out of the water earlier in the day and brush and fluff to dry the coat well before bedtime.

Sassy has a dense short double coat that takes several hours to air dry even if I do a lot of fluffing and brushing. On hot days less time of course. And she smells more when even a little damp.

Sassy used to be very stinky and it seems to have been something in the food. On a simpler home cooked diet she is less stinky, ears cleaner and no anal sac problems. All very minor annoyances but glad they are better. I haven't a clue as to whether it is my cooking or something now missing that bothered her. Just that you might get lucky and find a food that is just right and the stink might get better.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nutrition plays a big role, as does proper toweling. i wouldnt let her play in the pool unless there is some sunshine to play in and dry off afterward.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
How clean is the area surrounding the pool? If there is dirt surrounding it, this could be part of the problem.

She could be going and rolling somewhere stinky too, afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts