Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here :) I guess this is the forum to ask this really basic question. Well I'm planning to get a puppy (a Pom) next month and I want to share my room with her, I have a relatively large bedroom so there is enough space for the both of us! :D

My question is, how should my puppy sleep? Should I buy a baby crib and put her in there? Or should I let her sleep in a crate? Or maybe I should just put a puppy bed in the middle of the floor and let her sleep on it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I set a crate up right next to my bed and my puppy slept in it. Therefore she and I were both comfortable. I could hear her during the night if she needed to go out and she had the comfort of my being there.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I would go with a crate. Remember she's not going to be housetrained...a crate will help with the housetraining. Not to mention it's much easier to clean.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Crate next to your bed. You'll be surprised at how quick they catch on to whining to wake you up when they need to potty as opposed being loose and soiling your carpet.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Buy a crate and an alarm clock. Put the dog in the crate and set the alarm to wake you every 2 hours to potty the pup. Don't wait for the pup to cry, that will teach it that crying gets it out of the crate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts