Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've jsut gotten my first puppy today. He's an american staffordshiter terrier (blue/white). He had his first shots and is 50 days old.

He's been very active today at my house. What worries me is that he ate very little (i bought him some dry food named Natrum that the vet recommended) and he runs alot. He's slept 3 times already in the last 6-7 hours but when he's about to sleep he starts shaking abit. First i thought he's cold but it's pretty hot in here.

The vet is closed right know and i don't know if this is serious enough to call him on his emergency number.

I've read that puppies that are brought to new homes shake often before sleeping and after eating.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hes only 7 weeks old??

you should maybe go out to petsmart or so and get one of those puppuy toys you can heat up in the microwave and put that in their with him or a heat pack but dont heat it up to much, also try to move his cage into your room so he see/smell you shoul dmake him feel a little more comfortable.

maybe someone else can provide more info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im hugging and cuddling him alot. He slept earlier and didn't shake at all except in till he got asleep (couple of mins i think). He's playing outside now and every now and then performs a little shake.

Otherwise he's active, runs and plays alot with some toys and balls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts