Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went upstairs to potty and feed the puppies and Jubel after being in the basement for about 2 hours. When I came into the kitchen Arielle freaked out acting scared of me for some reason. I took all the dogs out in the backyard, Bambi pooped and peed while Arielle just tried to get back in the house. One of them had used the pee pad and she peed a bit when I came into the kitchen so I brought them all back in and fixed food.

Arielle seemed to have calmed down while I fixed their food and ate like normal but she was very sedate while Bambi was all hyper (usually the opposite with those two). She just sat on their blanket bed and looked sad while Bambi spazzed out and played with me and Jubel. I took some pictures and video to post. Arielle came and curled up in my lap and went to sleep. As I took some more pictures I see Bambi go over to the freezer plug in the wall, lick the cord and get a little shock. I get up to look and one of them chewed the hell out of the cord it's about halfway cut through. I'm guessing it was Arielle and that would be why she was so scared and is now very sedate. She ate and was moving around fine when she did so I think she's fine. Their foster mom told me they have never chewed any cords before so I didn't worry about it. It's now covered so they can't get to it again and I'm pretty sure it'll need to be replaced due to damage.

I hope Arielle will feel better soon but she is not a happy puppy right now. Should I worry about calling the vet just in case or just keep an eye on her and let her rest? Bambi's little shock just seemed to have startled her and she's acting perfectly normal now.

Picture spam incoming
Arielle looking sad

Arielle and Bambi

Into my lap

Checking out Jubel behind her

and sleeping

The cord she chewed (I'm assuming her at least)

I had just fed them so when I let Jubel in the kitchen his only concern was finding any hint of food on the floor. youtube video

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
You live and you learn! My mom's bichon never chewed a cord until he was five. One minute, he's laying on the floor, chewing what I thought was one of his toys, the next, he's across the room, squealing and shaking.

He never did chew another cord.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's a few hours later and Arielle took a nice nap and seems to feel better. Bambi was hanging out with me watching TV while Arielle napped but eventually she got herself up and wanted to come join us. After going out to potty I let her out in the living room and her and Bambi started playing and running around like normal so I'm going to say she's okay now. Was just a bit shook up over the scare of the shock I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts