Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My 3 month old puppy barfed early tonight. She ate not too long before; her puke was basically her food coming back up. She wasn't acting very funny after.

Later she went back to her food and finished it, leading to her throwing up again in a half hour, her food again. She is now just lying around, though she may just be tired as its getting close to her bedtime.

We did a bunch of yard work yesterday, and a little more today. She may have eaten some of the leaves that were decomposing. Could that be playing a role in it?

Advice on what to do/feed her?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hey everyone,

My 3 month old puppy barfed early tonight. She ate not too long before; her puke was basically her food coming back up. She wasn't acting very funny after.

Later she went back to her food and finished it, leading to her throwing up again in a half hour, her food again. She is now just lying around, though she may just be tired as its getting close to her bedtime.

We did a bunch of yard work yesterday, and a little more today. She may have eaten some of the leaves that were decomposing. Could that be playing a role in it?

Advice on what to do/feed her?
REally, you should take her to the vet - you don't want her becoming dehydrated. If that's not an option, try not feeding her for 24 hours and then give her a little piece of boiled chicken (no seasonings). Give her a piece every few hours (unless she pukes of course). If she can handle that, add rice to the chicken. Eventually back to her food.

Watch her for being lethargic, diarrhea etc. If these occur, take her to a vet.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I wouldn't wait and watch, just take her in now, especially if she is a small breed. An adult dog can go up to 3 days without eating but a small pup needs to eat often or they can risk hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).

What you are describing could be the result of many things, something toxic, something stuck, general illness, etc... With such a young puppy it's best to never wait and just get to a vet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
remember phoning the vet and describing symptoms is free. They can help you decide what to do to help your pup. With young ones the earlier you treat the higher the likelihood they'll come thru just fine. You never him and haw with a puppy.

If this is her regular food she's been eating for several weeks i'd suspect she got into something or was too active before eating. A bland diet of plain white rice (cooked) and plain yogurt mixed with water will help settle the stomach and help keep the colon healthy. if she can't keep this mixture down, i'd take her to the emergency vet.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Call the vet, this forum isn't for figuring out what might be wrong with your dog, it's for discussing diagnosed medical conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.