Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4 month old puppy usually does good about sitting by the sliding door when she needs to go out. However, I just moved and now she is really bad about it. Now, when I take her out of her cage in the morning (I keep her in cage at night, so she won't pee or poop on bed) or when I get back home, she will pee if I set her down or pee while I'm holding her putting her leash on. She just leaves a long trail of it. What should I do to prevent her from doing this? Also, she is developing some separation anxiety, any way to avoid this before it gets too bad? (she shreds her pee wee pad).

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Mostly likely, she can't hold it. Bring her leash to her crate and put it on her there, then carry her outside and set her on the ground.

It could be the big change of moving a well.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
She probably can't hold it. My dog was good overnight at that age, but we literally had to run him out the door because as soon as he was up and started moving, the pee started flowing!! It improved as he matured. As an adult, he will sometimes refuse to go out first thing in the morning, and will instead eat breakfast and go back to bed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts