Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help, my friends dog is very ill - it started 2-3 days ago.

He is a small puppy, who has started howling alot, foaming at the mouth, acting 'out of sorts', he just had breakfast and went nuts, then pissed and shit everywhere (he is very well trained) - then he just sat there with a look on his like what the hell just happened. Its as if he is having seizures.

He doesn't play with the other dogs anymore and just lies around like he hasn't got any energy, then he'll freak out and lie back down again.

WE live in rural india, and the only vet here thinks its just a respiratory infection, though he didn't seem very confident.

We both believe its rabies...Any advice, what it could be, how we can help??

thanks in advance!

Jamie

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
No advice from me. Only a vet could diagnose this. I'm sorry. But if it is a contagious disease, like rabies, he may be transmiting it to the other dogs.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Has he been vaccinated against Rabies?? If not, and he has been exposed to it, and contracted it, he can give it to you or other animals. Rabies is fatal. If you have known cases of Rabies in the area, and he was not vaccinated, you need to get him quarantined and health checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts