Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been training my puppy (4 month old staffy x kelpie) basic training skills - such as sit, stay, stop, wait etc to get her into some routine. She was doing fairly well except am noticing some recurring habits:

She is constantly trying to bite me and no matter what I do I can't deter her from it. I know it's teeth related and I have used every chew you, raw hide, shin bone like chewing aid around however she still can't stop chewing and biting me. I worry as I have a nephew and hoped she could be safe enough around him.

She jumps up on us constantly and up on the table/couches and we have trained her but she just keeps doing it - it's getting so frustrating!

Also, we were away on weekend and left her with my parents at the farm. They seemed quite strict - she slept in the laundry, was nearby all the time. Not allowed inside. However, she's come back with absolutely all training gone. She bites even worse now, jumps up all the time and now I can't walk her on a leash without her pulling every second! She also barks at us of we're eating dinner and scratches and nearly breaks down the door if we put her out. This is all new stuff and we're over it!

Someone help please! I love our little puppy but she's pushing my buttons!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
She's just a baby. Just wait until she reaches the teenage stage! :p Really, puppies are horrid things. All you can do is keep patiently and kindly teaching her the way you want her to behave, and eventually she'll understand. But it takes time for a young brain to mature enough to learn what you want. Read up on "the bite stops here" and loose-leash training (silky lead and penalty yards are some good ones), but don't expect miracles from a baby.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Just... start over with her and stay consistent.

Sucks but it'll probably happen again when she hits about 7 months or so. :x

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I agree with HollowHeaven, you'll have to start over - she should pick it up quickly since she already learned these things. And then you can expect it to happen again when she's a teenager.. lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts