Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a male rottweiler puppy. He's only just over 6 weeks old. I've had him for two days and I'm in the process of house training him He's is coping very well. I am just a little concerned about his urinating. He seems to have no problem urinating, but just after he urinates he will consecutively leak little drops of urine for up to about five to ten minutes. There will be a trail of drops wherever he goes. Somtimes he will urinate a little in one spot and he will seem to be finished, but he will then urinate again followed by some leakage. I understand this puppy is very young, but i don't know if this is to be expected or if he may have a problem. Any input or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I might have a vet take a look. Are you allowing him to go outside long enough so he can fully eliminate his bladder?

And WHY was that pup taken from it's mother and littermates so soon???

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Tyro I don't know where you live but in some states it is actually illegal to sell a puppy before it is 8 weeks of age. The pup needs that time with mama and siblings to learn all about things like bite inhibition etc....
As far as the leaking goes, I agree with BoxMeIn21 a vet visit is in order. Could be he just doesn't completely empty. He could have an underdeveloped bladder. He could have a urinary tract infection and it is possible he has an ectopic Ureter though this is much less common in males.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replys. I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow. I completely agree that the puppy was taken from his mother and litter too soon, but the breeder was having some complications and didn't want to keep them any longer. My mother is actually the owner of the stud and she ended up with the puppy and now I have him. I can asure you though that the puppy is happy and adapting very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts