Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...:)
I need help with my 8 month old beagle. He is vomiting slimy white foam and has not eaten anything these past 3 days. I would normally take him to a vet near us but that clinic has closed and we can't afford to go into the city vets where they cost more and plus we don't have a car....

So this is my little dog's condition these past few days...

Earlier that week: He got outside our gate a few times. We don't really allow him to go out since we have a fairly large backyard and two other dogs for him to play with. I guess that's the only change in his routine. He has a mild case of ticks and dandruff that his vet is treating until the clinic closed.

Day 1 (Thursday): Woke me up as usual from my bed, still very lively. Before I go to work he does seem a little less energetic but he still accompanied me outside of our house until our gate. During lunch at work, my mom texted me that he didn't eat his lunch and vomited yellow stuff out. When I got home he didn't greet me with his usual howling, just his tail wagging. My mom said he slept all day and didn't stand up until I got home.

Day 2 (Friday): He is still weak. He didn't wake me up this morning because he can't climb the stairs anymore. He is still not eating but he is drinking. When I got home from work, he just looked at me while slightly wagging his tail. I fed him water through a cotton that day. Every time he drinks, he would just throw that up. He peed at night though.

Day 3 (Saturday): He sort of improved. I was at the house all day so I watched him all day. My friend who breeds animals told me to add sugar to his water. So I did that. He is now waking around the house. Although he is still not eating and vomits the water he is drinking. I bought a syringe to feed him water and chicken broth (He also vomited that out). I found soil, or soil-like things on his teeth and I cleaned that out. When I left him sleeping and got up to my room t research about his illness when I smelled something between a cross of a fish market and a dump site. When I went down to check it out I found my dog in the kitchen near a puddle of dark brown liquid poo with a little mushy something. My room and the kitchen are in opposite ends of the house and my room is on the second floor so you can imagine the smell. When I was cleaning it out, I notice there is soil or soil like things in the poo.

Day 4 (Sunday - Today): When I woke up I saw slimy stuff on the stairs and my mom told me that he slept upstairs in the hallway (its his usual sleeping area). His mood is still as the same as yesterday although the vomiting lessened. The thing that I was worried the most is the not eating part actually and the poo last night.

My other dogs was taken by my aunt temporarily just in case this is contagious.

Your help will be very much appreciated. :))
Sorry if this i vary detailed and slightly a chore to read. Every detail counts I guess.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.