Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy gets the hiccups alot, and I mean alot. She gets them after eating, drinking, playing, and going potty. Is this normal? or could there be something wrong with her? She's my first puppy, so I guess I'm worried about every little thing lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm a first-time puppy owner, myself. Echo has been with me now for almost three months. She's a large breed puppy. From what I read, it is normal for puppies to get the hiccups (especially large breed puppies that are growing tremendously fast). Not really sure what the growth has to do with the diaphragm, but that's what I read anyway.

Echo got the hiccups A LOT during her first three months. She still gets them now, but not quite as often.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Big Words (...not a puppy...) gets them sometimes.

They are usually followed by a nice puddle of vomit on the floor. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
My cocker spaniel puppy gets them too. He's 13 wks old and we've had him for 2. I had no idea that puppy s got hiccups till him.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a first-time puppy owner, myself. Echo has been with me now for almost three months. She's a large breed puppy. From what I read, it is normal for puppies to get the hiccups (especially large breed puppies that are growing tremendously fast). Not really sure what the growth has to do with the diaphragm, but that's what I read anyway.

Echo got the hiccups A LOT during her first three months. She still gets them now, but not quite as often.
Ahh okay. My baby is a mutt but according to the vet she needs large breed food so I'm assuming she's going to be big lol. Hopefully the hiccups calm down a little when she gets older.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts