Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 12 week old puppy has had some greenish poo lately, it is not diahrea, it is still formed just a little softer.

What could be wrong?

He got his second set of shots last week.
I haven't changed his food, he eats purina puppy chow wet and dry (yes i know not the best brand but my vet said to keep him on it for now)
I did give him some new treats and stopped giving them to him yesterday, could that be it?
He does try to eat grass a lot, could that have something to do with it?

He is still eating and playing fine.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I would take him to the vet so his poop can be checked. Could be any number of things - intestinal issue, allergy, parasites. Best to have it checked, esp in a young puppy.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
First, I'm not a vet but I'd put money diet (or maybe stress) before illness. The treats are a likely culprit.
Has someone been sneaking him people food? Anyone else in the house? My dad used to out right lie about giving my cat and their dog table scraps.
I found that the star cloud brand dog treats I was giving my puppy colored his poo. The cranberry make a nice deep red. I only keep using them because Theyre like doggy crack and great for training.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice everyone. I called my vet and she said it was probably the new treats so I stopped giving him them. Later on in the day he had normal poo with normal coloring! so all is good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts