Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice my toy poodle puppy has develop some brown scaly scabs while I was bathing her. Bought her about two weeks ago at a pet shop. I'm not sure this condition is already present or not when I bought her. Fyi she is going for the last vaccine this week. Would anybody kindly explain to me the condition? What is the cause? Is it something serious? And what is the remedy? Picture attached is after I applied medication. Kindly help my friends!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Get that vet appointment moved up.
For sure. And FYI, make sure you wash your hands with soap and water that is as hot as you can stand after handling her. Some things are contagious to humans.

Pet shop puppies are notorious for having health problems. Between poor breeding practices and the fact they are frequently weaned too young and shipped all over the place, usually with puppies from other breeders, diseases like distemper, parvo, and ringworm are all too common.

·
Registered
11,300 Posts
Get that vet appointment moved up.
For sure. And FYI, make sure you wash your hands with soap and water that is as hot as you can stand after handling her. Some things are contagious to humans.

Pet shop puppies are notorious for having health problems. Between poor breeding practices and the fact they are frequently weaned too young and shipped all over the place, usually with puppies from other breeders, diseases like distemper, parvo, and ringworm are all too common.
Ditto and ditto.

Until she has a vet appointment, don't take her around other animals (dogs or cats or other domestic pets) and don't expose her to any humans that don't have to be exposed.

Soap and water wash after handling (but I disagree on the "hot as you can stand it" recommendation because overly hot water just dries the skin and makes it less resilient), don't allow her to sleep on your bed nor be on the furniture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.