Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nala has a very short/thin coat. On her chest the hair is so short and thin that you can see her skin easily. Will her coat thicken up as she gets older? I'm a little worried that if it doesn't, she will get very cold in the winter, and I would just like to know what you guys think. I do not know for sure what breeds she really is. I was told Australian Shepherd/Rottie. But she has markings of an Australian Cattle dog, and looks like an APBT, so the heritage can't really tell me much for sure.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
The adult coat comes in around 1 year of age and that coat is thicker and coarser. Coat quality is heavily dependent on quality of food and hormones.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tooney, I'm feeding her decent food, not the best, but it's better than most crap. I kind of have to since she's got some grain allergies though lol. Hopefully it will help her have a nice coat so she won't suffer too much in the winter.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Here in Oregon we have an awful lot of hot hot hot winter days and freezing cold summer days and snow in late April. xD

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in Oregon we have an awful lot of hot hot hot winter days and freezing cold summer days and snow in late April. xD
That is all too true lol. I just don't want her to freeze if we have another winter like this last one. She'll barely go out if it's raining and snow may make it worse. I think I may have to invest in a silly looking rain coat though, because being in Oregon, she's gotta deal with it lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts