Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new puppy 5 days ago. I have been mixing the breeders food in with dry Royal Canin Puppy. I mixed in a scoop of wet Royal Canin Puppy. She devoured her food and seemed to love it. Her stools were nice and solid.

Now on day 5, she’s no longer interested in the food. She barely eats. She had a great report from the vet and seems completely fine. Just don’t get it! She seems more interested in my other dogs food which is Royal Canin Senior with a little wet food added in.

Should I try a different puppy food or just stick with what I’ve been giving her?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's up to you what you feed her but I find the brine from a tin of tuna is good for getting my dogs to eat kibble.

·
Super Moderator
12,163 Posts
Just be aware that once you start adding "taste enhancers" or wet food to kibble, you're making a lifetime commitment. A dog that seems to forget his own name will still remember the best meal he's ever had and will not want to downgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just be aware that once you start adding "taste enhancers" or wet food to kibble, you're making a lifetime commitment. A dog that seems to forget his own name will still remember the best meal he's ever had and will not want to downgrade.
I only put a teaspoon in if that, then I just put less in until it's dry kibble again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem is my senior dog has always gotten wet food with dry so when my puppy sees him eat, she wants what he’s having.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts