Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have two 7 month old mixed breed puppies. We be believe they are a Border Collie/Lab mix. Currently 52 and 46 lbs. We anticipated large dogs so we have been feeding them large breed puppy since birth. My question is, should I continue large breed puppy and which food do you suggest? They started with Nutro, then Blue Buffalo and currently Wellness dry/wet mix. Considering Orijen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd keep them on it till a year, but that's just me. As far as food goes BB and Wellness are good choices. Orijen is great! We'd do it but it's way out of our budget. Another option is Taste Of The Wild. They have two puppy formulas as well as their adult formulas.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I personally leave dogs on puppy food for a year--or did in the past. Long time since I've had a puppy and of course, dog foods keep improving over the years. Now, I would possibly even do an ALS food for pups, but would depend on the pup and his individual needs. I am not a fan of Nutro, but Wellness, Blue Buffalo and Orijen are all good foods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts