Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,910 Posts
Teach her a go to mat command and use it. It's not hard - search youtube and kikopup and you should get some good ideas for method. But basically get her a bed or a mat and reward her for getting in it, then staying in it. It'll buy you some space from time to time.

But she's probably going to be around. That's just how a lot of (even most) dogs work - especially the companion breeds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, we have already been trying that for a while now but she will only stay there for.. Well, some seconds mostly. Usually we will keep asking her to go and lay down, and we have also tried to say noo, if she keeps following us. She will stop then, but 2 seconds later.. Yeah.

·
Registered
17,910 Posts
You have to make the place you want her to be rewarding and gradually increase the tiem between awards. It takes some time to build duration.

If you don't have a crate or an x-pen you might want to work on that, too. I love my dogs but there does come a point when they need a nap and I need to shower or something without a dog standing IN the shower with me (and I have TWo who will do that).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She has this dog basket (??) in the livingroom which is usually the one we want her to be in. We have managed to keep her in it for 5-10 minutes.
I guess we will have to keep going so she will learn not to be right up our hm hm..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts